NDatabase is not properly saving Uint32 (SOLVED)

Nov 21, 2012 at 2:34 PM

I am using NDatabase to do a backup of data, and whatever I do,

if I have an Uint32 inside my object it will be 0 if I read the object back.

Once I change it to "int" it works, however that will not really work for me. :P

Anyone else having the same problem?

I am using the latest trunk downloaded from the source code section.

Coordinator
Nov 21, 2012 at 6:32 PM

Yes that's true. All types like unsigned int, unsigned short etc are not supported for now in NDatabase. That's from the history reasons, it is not difficult to be fixed by so far noone ask about that.  Issue for that created there: http://ndatabase.codeplex.com/workitem/889 please vote if you want that to be done.

Thanks

Nov 21, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Uh that really caught me by surprise, I thought whatever object I throw at it will be serialized.

Yeah actually for me this is the biggest issue currently because the basic function of a object database should be to serialize any object and that kind of does not work currently. :P

The rest of the issues are quite advanced usage, but this really affects the very core function of the database.

So yeah voted for it.

Rest works fine though.

Coordinator
Nov 22, 2012 at 7:06 PM

Fix is done and commited (you can find it in the newest sources), it will be the part of the next release, NDatabase 2.1

Nov 24, 2012 at 6:18 PM

That is very cool, on my next release I will use it!

Coordinator
Dec 9, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Released with NDatabase 2.1 (.net 3.5) and with NDatabase 2.2 (.net 4) / NDatabase 2.2.1 (mono)