Current master is not building in MonoDevelop, am I missing something? (SOLVED)

Dec 29, 2012 at 3:40 AM

I downloaded the current master and opened the NDatabase solution in MonoDevelop on a Mac. I am only trying to build the NDatabase project and it fails for a number of reasons.

It is only referencing System and System.Xml.Linq. However it has a number of using statements that are in System.Core, so adding System.Core address those, however you have references to System.Diagnostics.Eventing namespace which is not in Mono.  Also there is no reference to mscorlib in your project file.

It also seems like master is set for version 3 of NDatabase based on the DLL name it would build if it built.

So I am missing something from the source, as there doesn't seem to be a 2.x branch to compile from or a Mono branch. So I have a question regarding that already so answer to that may be related to my problems here.

Coordinator
Dec 29, 2012 at 5:34 AM

Thanks for catching that.

That's actually true, System.Core on windows is added automatically by compiler (even with Mono 3.0.5 on windows that's working), but on other platforms not.

- System.Core reference added then explicity

System.Diagnostics.Eventing namespace usage -> that's the errror, it is fixed now.

All changes are in master now, please check if that's working well now. (Could you check pls if all 3 unit tests projects are compiling and passing well on Mac too ?)

Dec 30, 2012 at 4:54 AM

I wish I would have read this first. :)

Yes the current master is working on Mac with MonoDevelop and Mono 3.0.2.  It may be good to go and just needs to be compiled as a MonoTouch DLL. I will play with it and see where it goes.

Thanks for fixing master and release 3.0.

Coordinator
Dec 30, 2012 at 8:22 AM

Mono version is available there: Release 3.0 (NDatabase.3.0-mono.zip)