This project is read-only.

Impact of assembly version number on Store and Read from a database file (SOLVED)

Apr 13, 2013 at 6:15 PM
Hi, I'd like to know if there are problems regarding class versions during serialization. In other words, if I update the version number of the program, retrieving objects that has the same class but different assembly version number is still possibile?

Suppose I have serialized a class called Client, the following code is the debug string from the Ndatabase logger
NDatabase DEBUG Logger - ObjectWriter: class entities.Client, ClientNotificator2, Version=2.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null has 10 attributes
If I read the database using an updated version of the program, maybe 2.1 (instead of 2.0.1.0) what happens?

Thanks,
Alessio
Apr 14, 2013 at 6:32 AM
Hello,
as far as there was no breaking changes in classes, it will handle that correctly. So If you put class from library in 2.0.1 version, it will be saved in db as this version, but when working with newer one the class will be loaded with newer library (and definition in db still will be 2.0.1), so in runtime it will be treated as 2.1.0 version.

Regards,
Jacek